Home » MILESTONES 2006-1994
- Three weeks course on wheelchair service provision in collaboration with Motivation, UK commenced.
- Education and Livelihood Opportunities project started in Chamrajnagar District, Karnataka.
- MI hosted International Consensus Conference on wheelchairs for developing countries organised by USAID, WHO and ISPO.
- MI’s regional centre started outreach programme in Garden Reach area Kolkata and set up orthopedic workshop in North-East India.
- Below Knee Prosthetic Plastic Modular Component was launched.
- MI moved to its disabled friendly Millennium building.
- Jaipur Foot production unit – one of the most accessible and modern production centre managed exclusively by women with disabilities was set up.
- Pre-fabricated knee ankle foot Orthosis that could be used extensively in India and other low-income countries launched.
- Training programme on CBR for community workers began.
- Lower limb orthotics and Prosthetics and Rehab Therapy course began.
- MI expanded its CBR programme area to cover 15 slums in Bannashankari, Bangalore
- A unique Accessible Mobile Taxi Service and Wheel Chair Bank introduced.
- Rehabilitation Aids workshop by Women with Disabilities (RAWWD) established.
- Started research project with Ministry of Defence on developing modular prosthetic components.
- Organised International workshop on ‘Prosthesis for Developing Countries’ a conference for the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics (ISPO) at Jaipur
- Mobile workshop launched.
- Unique ‘Rehabilitation Aid Cooperative Workshop by women with disabilities’ project initiated. 10 Women with disabilities trained as Orthotic technicians.
- Continued work with 12 partner organisations.
- Short term training programmes started.
- Received FCRA registration.
- First board meeting of nine members held.
- MI registered as a Society and obtained 80G Income Tax Act exemption.