Home >> Admission open
Introduction on Prosthetics & Orthotics:
Prosthetics and Orthotics courses instruct students in the principles of formulation of treatment, designing, fabrication and fitting of assertive devices which includes prostheses and orthoses, developing evaluation of fitting, function & follow-up procedures. This course also provide skills to manage Prosthetic & Orthotic clinic & carryout evidence based practice.
Who are Prosthetists & Orthotists:
Prosthetists & Orthotists are qualified Allied Health Professionals who assess and treat the physical and functional limitations of people resulting from illnesses and disabilities, including limb amputations. They are trained to prescribe, design, fit and monitor Prostheses & Orthoses.
Who are Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant:
They are second generation health care professionals working with physically challenged, ageing population in regaining their physical, social and mental abilities. Through various therapeutic interventions, their focus is on enhancing functionalities.
Role of Rehabilitation Therapy Assistants:
- Implementing the rehabilitation program as directed by physiotherapist or occupational therapist
- Orientation on group and individual exercise programs
- Mobility training on usage of wheelchair and other assistive devices
- Instructing patients in self-care and instrumental activities of daily living
- Assisting in making, modifying and adapting self-help devices and equipment.
The Training Programs are :
Workshop and Seminars:
- Wheelchair Service Training Package –
- Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR)
1200 students from 26 countries graduated till date and counting…