- MI marks its 20th anniversary by organising a public event of ‘Dazzling Dance on Wheels’, a ‘Free preventive health check-up programme’ and an Orientation on ‘The Way forward – towards an Inclusive and Enabling Future’
- First pilot workshop on the WHO Wheelchair Service Training Package: Basic Level in the South-East Easter Region in collaboration with the WHO South East Regional Office and Headquarters.
- Initiation of work under the project ‘Building the capacity of Institutions and Professionals for Rehabilitation Therapy Service Delivery’ in the eight conflict affected North and North Eastern states of Assam, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Nagaland, Orissa, Tripura and Wes Bengal
- MI is the Organising Secretariat for first Community Based Rehabilitation World Congress held in Agra.
- Consensus seminar on ‘Development of Quality Control Tools for Prosthetics and Orthotics appliances’ held in co-ordination with Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Expansion of MI’s community work: 23 urban slums, 44 villages- Anekal, 220 villages – Chamrajnagar.
- First pilot training on Wheelchair Service Training Package of WHO held.
- Revised edition of ‘Rehabilitation Therapy Handbook’ published.
- Research towards production of low cost, durable and appropriate appliances initiated.
- CBR programme in Anekal taluk, Bangalore District begun.
- Bachelor’s degree programme affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi National University of Health Sciences and recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India commenced.
- Received recognition for its training programme by ISPO.
- Research activities expanded in the development of machines and equipment.